Dear Students and Families,
My name is Ms. Luther, and I am your Health Education teacher! I’m so excited to be working with you! My goal for us is to have a healthy, fun and interesting school year. I hope that sounds great to you! I have been busy getting ready and I can’t wait to get started and meet you. Each class I will ask everyone to try their very best and to keep a smile on their face.
Here is a sneak peek of the things we will be studying:
- Being safe at school, home, and online
- Celebrating our culture and family
- Germs, hygiene, and preventing diseases (not getting sick)
- How your body works: amazing muscles, bones and what’s inside!
- Tobacco, Alcohol, and Drugs
- Nutrition and Exercise
- Getting along with others
I will be following the Rhode Island Health Education Standards. We will always try our best, work hard and have fun while exploring interesting topics.
If at any time you have any questions, please feel free to say hello in person, contact me at school, or with email!
Let’s have a great year!
Health and Physical Education Specialist
Ella Risk Elementary
949 Dexter Street
Central Falls, RI
Check out these fun, health-related links: